Sunday, September 25, 2011

Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Tomato Quiche

Might I add, crustless to the mix. I recently got my first apron and it has suddenly jolted what would have already been a harvest-crazed cooking season. Apart from being exceptionally functional (complete with singular adorable pocket for my iPod so I don't blow out my roommate's eardrums while dancing around in the kitchen) it also speaks a truth that I hold very dear to my heart, well, just over my heart: "Count your blessings, not your calories." Now while this phrase speaks volumes of my culinary philosophy, in the interest of laziness I have decided to take out one very important, and more fattening, step in the quiche process: the crust. But for all you jiggle-friendly eaters, there will be much more fat-filled recipes coming to you in the very near future, don't you fret.

What you'll need:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
  • Asparagus (about 10 stocks)
  • Cherry tomatoes (about 10 as well)
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • A couple cloves of garlic
  • Salt and (if you're not me) pepper
How to whip it up:
      Start by preheating the oven to 425 F. Chop the garlic and toss it in an oven safe pan with the olive oil and tomatoes. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes have started to ooze and your house smells utterly delicious. In the meantime, mix together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour into a greased pie dish. Cut the asparagus into small stocks and place on top of the egg mixture. Once the tomatoes are roasted add them to the dish and throw back into the oven for about 20 minutes until the quiche looks like it's about to explode and begins to brown slightly at the top. Remove from oven and enjoy!

**note: if you feel like making this and the following recipe (Apple Butternut Squash Soup) at the same time, save the leftover olive oil and garlic to mix into the soup broth. 






No comments:

Post a Comment